Keep Your Personal Or Confidential Information Safe
Whenever you use your PC, a vivid log of activity is stored for every action that you take. If you think that this activity has been removed from your PC and is no longer at risk of being stolen, think again. This hidden digital trail can easily recovered even long after it has been cleared or if you reformat your hard disc.
How Does PC Booster Protect My Privacy?
- Identify what data you would like to keep, and what data you would like to eliminate
- Perform intense bullet proof methods for ensuring that all deleted data has been removed.
- Prevent the discovery of deleted data through advanced techniques
- Remove all temporary Internet files and data from your PC permanently so it cannot be recovered
- Eliminate session data left behind by chat sessions and other online activity
- Choice of multi-pass military shredding options - Quick, Safe (DoD 5220.22-M) to Very Secure
PC Booster is able to clean out your activity logs and securely delete the contents of your recycle bin or deleted data so that you don't have to be concerned about losing your personal data or other confidential information.
Delete Files And Eradicate Activity Logs Quickly
Simply deleting your Internet cache and then removing it from the recycle bin is just not good enough. Windows and common programs leave digital details trails of activity, even after it's been cleared, that if in the wrong hands could be financially or personally damaging.
You have to take it one step further and completely eliminate all traces of the information because it can be easily recovered even months or years after or even if you reformat your PC.
All activity log tracks left by your computer usage can be safely and securely deleted with PC Booster's Evidence Terminator, designed using the latest cutting edge multi pass data shredding technology.
How can Browser Settings be cleaned and optimized?
You can choose to optimize browser settings when you perform a system scan and optimization. On the Scan settings screen select the Browsers section to indicate that you wish to have your Browser Settings cleaned and optimized. The following browsers are supported by PC Booster:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
1. Press Settings=> Scan Settings=> Privacy
2. Choose the browsers that you wish to have cleaned and optimized.
3. Choose the different browsers that you would like to have addressed during this step. The applicable settings for Internet Explorer include auto-complete form data, cookies, downloaded program files, index.dat, cache, and history and address bar. For Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera web browsers the applicable settings that are cleaned and optimized include cookies, passwords, cache, and history and address bar.
4. If you would like to leave specific settings as they are, then you must indicate them as such during the cleanup settings.
When you perform the cleaning process, all items will be addressed as you have them selected in the scan settings, and progress of the steps included in the scan process will be indicated with the progress bar. Upon completion of the system scan, a summary of the scan results will be displayed for you to view. Included in the scan results will be a summary of the disk clean process which will indicate the sections that were cleaned and the total number of items cleaned.
How to avoid cleaning or removing certain browser cookies:
- Choose the desired browser from Settings=> Scan settings => Privacy. From the list of available browsers and the choose Select Cookies to Keep.
- Click OK to save the settings.
How do I clean multimedia or search history?
You can access the settings for multimedia and search history under the Scan Settings section. Simply expand the Multimedia or Search History tabs to manipulate the settings for these sections during the system scan. This section will allow you to clean data obtained from third party software applications.
When you select the Multimedia and Search History tabs, you will have the option to clean such things as file lists, URL history, and other recent file and application data from many different programs including Microsoft Office and Macromedia Flash files.
To have the cleaning process include Third Party Software data, please go to Settings=> Scan settings => Disk Clean-up and then select the different Third Party Software applications that you would like to include. When complete, click OK
During the scanning process, the items that you have selected will be scanned, analyzed, and cleaned. Upon completion, the results of the cleaning process will be displayed in a summary view. You will have the option to view the details of the cleaning and other scan tasks that took place.