Five Things that Shaped the 21st Century
In the last couple of years, we have seen some crossover points that took place at around the same time. There is the increase of cell phones than landlines, the increase of laptops than desktops, the increase of debit cards than credit cards, the increase of farmed fish than wild fish and the increase of college girls than boys, to name a few. Here are 5 of the top forces that are changing the 21st century right this very moment.
- Big data explosion. In just a couple of years, about 10 times more data has now been created than in all of history. The amount of videos in YouTube is far more than all the movies that Hollywood has created since it started.
- Rise of mobility. It took a century to have one billion landlines; it took a decade to have a billion cell phones; and only a single year to have one billion smartphones. In no time, everyone will own a smartphone.
- Emergence of platforms. Years back, you need to be a large corporation in order to reach an equally large number of people. These days, there is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and many other platforms where you can reach big audiences from around the world.
- Rise of Asia. Some hundred years ago, China and India held two-thirds of the economy of the world. In the 21st century, it seems that we are now going back to that state.
- Math winning over Science. This means that people do not already have to know the “why” of everything. Rather, it is the “what” that they are looking for now.
By taking into consideration these five forces, anyone can already build their own successful business. By thinking outside the box and being passionate, creative and innovative, anyone can make the world a better place to live.